BIRAC invites proposals for SPARSH fellowship in healthcare & food technology
Photo Credit: For representational purpose only
BIRAC has initiated the social innovation program SPARSH to find solutions to society’s most pressing social problems through biotechnological methodologies.
"Social Innovators" who wish to bridge the gaps and fulfill the needs of society by developing innovative products or services are invited to Innovation Fellowship/Award program called SIIP ( Social Innovation Immersion Program). This is to be implemented through BIRAC's SPARSH.
The mini kick start grant which funds support for prototype development for clinical and rural immersion makes this program unique.
Selection Of SPARSH Social Innovators/SPARSH Fellows
BIRAC Social Innovators will be selected through National level application and shortlisting process in collaboration with SPARSH Centres and SPARSH knowledge partners.
Partnering institutes -
- CCAMP, Bengaluru
- Venture centre , Pune
- IKP knowledge Park, Hyderabad
Selected Fellows would,
- be designated as ‘SPARSH Social Innovators/ SPARSH Fellows’
- receive a fellowship from BIRAC (amounting to INR 50,000/month for 18 months)
- receive a onetime mini-kick start grant of INR 5 lakhs per fellow which will be provided during the course of the fellowship.
- also recive access to BIRAC network of Mentors and Investors
- receive mentoring by SPARSH Knowledge partner and 14 SPARSH Centres
- and get opportunities to seek funding on completion
- have to work fulltime and cannot combine this fellowship with fellowships from other funding organizations.
- be stationed at one of the SPARSH Centre receiving the requisite support to in following thematic areas:
• Maternal and Child Health
• Ageing and Health
• Food and Nutrition
• Waste to Value
• Combating environmental pollution
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR BIRAC FELLOWSHIP, ONE MUST BE
- an Indian Citizen
- an Indian undergraduate (B.Tech, BE, MBBS) or postgraduate (MSc, MS, M.Tech, MPhil, MD) & PhD below 35 years from fields of life sciences, Agriculture, Engineering, Medicine & human biology are eligible to apply.
TO APPLY FOR BIRAC FELLOWSHIP:
Please log in to BIRAC website www.birac.nic.in.
Last date for submitting applications: 15th January 2020
For further queries please contact
Sr. Manager, Investments
Email : email@example.com
Operational Elements & Work Plan:
The partnering organization implementing the program would be mainly responsible for the administration of Social Innovation program. The partner can select a particular theme from the bucket of themes provided by BIRAC.
The 18 months fellowship will start from Pre-Immersion orientation and Induction phase, details of all can be accessed via website or partnering institute through which fellow is applying.
Share this article...